City of Kellogg, Idaho
It began with the discovery of rich lead ore in what would become the Bunker Hill Mine. The townsite was first laid out in 1886 and grew rapidly as the mining activity in the Silver Valley expanded. Since that time Kellogg has traditionally been considered the industrial center of the Coeur d’Alene Mining District. Incorporated in 1913, the town grew from a mining support community, in the early years, to an important processing center for primary metals through World War II and beyond.